Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Great House Hunt has ended...

Well, sort of, with about 1,000 qualifiers. But I figured I'd provide dramatic updates in the meantime.

If there's something to be said about a marriage of two Type-As, it's that we can make decisions relatively quickly and mostly decisively. We spent Saturday running around Houston with our amazing (and patient) realtor, basically ruling things out. Seeing tons of stuff we did not like quickly helped us determine what we did.

So, drumroll please...

(Please tell me you took the 1 minute, 29 seconds to click on that link. If you did not, then you have zero clue what this next picture is about and you should feel very sad and left out.)

"Joy to the world!"
I think we've landed on the Heights. If you're relatively interested in what that means, start here: http://www.houstonheights.org/

And I think we've landed on this builder: http://www.sbbtexas.com/index.php (Big thanks to AY for the recommendation. We're not stalking you, promise.)

Yes, I said builder. As in, we're going to build. A house. To keep. Amazing, yes?

Here's the house floor plan we think we've settled on.


Plus a retreat in the back to put up our crazy guests when they come to stay. Or Goose when he's misbehaving.

I googled "Goose in jail" and something amazing actually appeared. Google is the best invention ever.
We're meeting with the builder again tonight to see if we can finalize a lot that we like. And if it doesn't work out, then just be happy I've made your day with glittery Christmas Vacation videos and pictures of misbehaving geese. As always, you are welcome.

1 comment:

  1. So great Randi!!! Can't wait to see your new Casa once it's built! (I do get Chevy Chase)! Hahah! :)

    Lauren R.

    ReplyDelete